We provide professional and friendly help with day-to-day domestic tasks to help older people to stay in their homes for longer.
Some of these services may be impacted by the coronavirus. Contact your local Age UK for advice.
What is home help?
Many of our local Age UKs offer a paid-for service that helps with day-to-day domestic tasks.
All home helps are experienced, have passed a security check and have received full training.
We are dedicated to the welfare of our clients and to ensure safety if a client fails to answer the door or is in difficulty. These are some of the tasks we can offer help with:
- Preparing light meals/meal delivery
- Running errands, e.g. prescription collection
If you need assistance with DIY or home improvements, you may need to contact a handyperson.
How does the service work?
The home help service is flexible and can be tailored to suit your own needs.
It’s really simple to organise home help:
- Contact your local Age UK to speak to their home help team.
- They will arrange an assessment with you to discuss your requirements
- You’ll then be matched up with a home helper in your area.
Our home helpers are unable to support you with personal care such as dressing or bathing. Find out about the personal care services provided by some Age UKs.