Follow our 4 simple steps for successful fundraising.
4 steps to successful fundraising
1. Decide on your event
There’s a fundraising event for everyone. Would you like to be the star of your fundraising or share the glory as part of a group? What are you good at and how could you challenge yourself? You could use this as an opportunity to try something you've always wanted to.
2. Set up a fundraising page
Simply set up your fundraising page on JustGiving and select Age UK as your charity. It's really easy - either login with Facebook or sign up with your email. Why not set up a page in memory of an older person who means a lot to you? You can even connect with you friends to see what fundraising they're doing.
3. Spread the word
Let your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers know what you have planned, and how you’re helping such a great cause. Keep them updated with how preparations are going and, of course, how they can donate to you!
Please keep us updated on your event by using the hashtag #ageukfundraiser on your social posts. We love seeing your pictures and all the great fundraising you're doing.
4. Pay in your money
Sending us the funds you've raised is simple! Just pay the donations into your own account, and then make your fundraising donation online.
You can also send a cheque payable to 'Age UK' to:
- Community Fundraising
- Age UK
- Tavis House
- 1–6 Tavistock Square
- WC1H 9NA
Fundraising top tips
- Ask your employer: Ask your company if it has a matched-giving scheme, which means it'll match your fundraising pound for pound. And don't forget to involve your workmates in your fundraising activities.
- Set a target: Try setting yourself a fundraising target. It's easier if you divide your fundraising target and work towards an amount each month instead of one big sum.
- Don't give up: Persistence really pays off! There's nothing wrong with sending out reminders a couple of weeks after your first request for donations. Keep people updated with how your preparations are going and get everyone involved.
- Safe and legal: You will be responsible for your own fundraising event so have a look at our tips on keeping your event safe and legal.
We'd love to hear how you're thinking of supporting Age UK!